POST-DOC POSITIONS IN THE FIELD OF “Automated Miniaturized Chemistry”
Supervised by Prof. Alexander Dömling
The Innovative Chemistry group of CATRIN at Palacký University Olomouc (Czech Republic) announces the opening of three new postdoctoral positions.
The successful candidates will receive a one-year (to be possible extended up to five-years) contract at Palacký University Olomouc in the Czech Republic. These unique positions are open immediately for qualified applicants.
The research group:
The research group ‘Innovative Chemistry’ at CRH in Olomouc under the supervision of Prof. Dömling is closely following the mantra ‘AUTOMATION + MINIATURIZATION = ACCELERATION’. In collaboration with CATRIN groups in material science (RCPTM), drug discovery and development (IMTM), and plant science (CRH) the group is developing solutions for pressing issues of the future society, e.g. sustainable materials, drugs for unmet medical needs, and food security. The group is heavily building on the decades long experience of Prof. Dömling in sustainable multicomponent reaction (CR) chemistry. Graphene surface modification methods will be developed in view of globally exhausting data memory and catalysis. Sustainable chemistry is developed for the development of novel biostimulants to help ‘feeding future society’. In the area of drug discovery and development, active research areas include novel targeted antibiotics, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer drugs. To accomplish novel discoveries the group develops forefront synthesis and structure-based methods, as well as artificial intelligence-enabled generative nano synthesis machines.
The applicant responsibilities:
The successful candidates will join the ‘Innovative Chemistry’ group and will work on projects related to the automated miniaturized chemistry platform to support material science, medicinal chemistry and plant science projects. Projects include method and technology developments around miniaturized automated chemistry, multicomponent reaction chemistries and its applications to material, plant science and drug discovery. The candidate will receive a one-year contract (which would be extended up to four-years in the case of positive annual evaluation) at Palacký University in Olomouc in the Czech Republic. The position can be expanded to group leader positions in case of successful major funding acquisition by the candidates. The positions are open immediately for qualified applicants.
The applicants’ duties:
- Support the basic research efforts of novel MCRs, applications to the fields of material science, medicinal chemistry, or plant science and help to build the miniaturized, automated synthetic chemistry technology platform.
- Actively work with and mentor staff, including the review and interpretation of data and revision of experimental plans to achieve program goals.
- Summarize data for reports, patents, and presentations.
- Broad knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry is essential;
- PhD or equivalent in the field of synthetic, computational or medicinal chemistry or chemical engineering;
- good publication record;
- excellent oral and written English;
- high level of independence in performing experiments, analyzing data, and drawing conclusions regarding experimental progress and results of work. Good communication regarding experiment execution and analysis with supervisor and colleagues;
- excellent time-management skills and manage experiments in several projects concurrently;
- DIY attitude;
- Excellent team working spirit.
Add-on experiences (not necessary required):
- Python programming;
- knowledge in multicomponent reaction chemistry;
- cancer, bacterial biochemistry;
- assay development;
- RNA expression;
- small molecule crystallography;
- protein crystallography;
- entrepreneurial spirit;
We offer a stimulating environment, attractive salary, and a unique opportunity to join a well-known research group to perform forefront science. Beyond performing science there is the opportunity to translate inventions to innovations. Moreover, the position is suitable to further to a group leader position.
PhD or equivalent in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering; good publication record, excellent oral and written English.
Chemistry – Synthetic chemistry – Engineering
Experienced researcher of 4-10 yrs. (Post-Doc)
Recognized Researcher (R2)
Comment/web site for additional job details:
Submit an application including a curriculum vitae and a list of publications to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org. Arrange for a letter of recommendation to be sent directly to the same email addresses.
Screening of applicants will resume immediately. Selected applicants will be invited for an interview.
Start of Employment: